Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

1) I live in maricopa county in Mesa Arizona (Phoenix Metro

Customer Question

1) I live in maricopa county in Mesa Arizona (Phoenix Metro Area). I have civil law suits in the justice courts, greater than small claims and less than 10,000. Am I able to send someone the summons and complaint via certified mail, and have that count as service? I have a process server, however I have a lot of these that I will be doing, in the 100s and continuous throughout so I would like to minimize cost by seeing if I can at least serve some of these by means of certified mail. From what I read online I think you can do this If and only if the person who you are trying to sue signs the form, else no.
2) So I have several judgements. I understand that in order to garnish wages you have to serve the employer. For example on person works at one of the biggest grocery stores in town. Can I serve the one he's at, must I go to corporate?
Thanks you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 month ago.

You may be able to do this in the small claims court. If they sign the waiver of service then there is no issue, but you should not take a chance with defective service as that could get your whole case thrown out.

2) i would go to corporate as they are the ones that often manage payroll.

Let me know if you have any additional questions. Otherwise a positive rating of 5 stars would be appreciated.