Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

What can be done if I sent some items to an auction company

Customer Question

what can be done if I sent some items to an auction company in anticipation of the auction company selling the items. We were friends with the Auctioneer and we had a falling out and now he is refusing to give my items back. We don't have a contract in place and the auctioneer told me I am not allowed on his property?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Pennsylvania
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The items retail value are in excess of $35,000. The were originally suppose to be for their largest toy sale of the year and now they are threatening to sell the items. I don't have a contract with them, they will not allow me on the property to pick them up. I have everything inventoried so I know what I have sent to them. Please guide me. What am I able to do?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. I think at this point you should a formal demand through an attorney. This may be enough to scare him but if not you should file a lawsuit. Although you did not have a contract, there was an oral contract and an understanding under which you gave him that property. You would also seek your attorney costs as part of your damages.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you

Sure. Good luck. A positive rating would be greatly apprecited.

Do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Let me know if you have any additional questions. Otherwise a positive rating would be appreciated.