Marsha411JD, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Atty, 29 yrs exp in the practice of law.
19127644

If my vehicle was hit in a parking lot while i was at work,

Customer Question

If my vehicle was hit in a parking lot while i was at work, and the girl who hit me, has Insurance that does not want to communicate. it has been over a month and I have got nowhere with this, they just give me the run around do I have any rights at all.?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in? What confuses you?
Customer: Arizona.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for the information and your question. It is very unusual that insurance companies are not communicative on a claim. It could be because this party that hit your car is not cooperating with them. In any event, if they will not process your claim, you have two options. One is to file a claim with your own insurance company and let them pay your claim (minus your deductible) and then go after the other party on your behalf. They will deal directly with the other person's insurance company if they have valid insurance.

Your other option is to file suit against this person who hit you for your damages. At that point, she will either have to defend/settle the case herself or, she will hand the suit to her insurance company to defend. At that point, they will have to respond and will likely immediately call you with an offer, if she is covered and they determine that she is liable.

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the ratings box above, I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you