Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

Yesterday 10/19 I sold my vehicle for $1,800 privately to

Customer Question

Yesterday 10/19 I sold my vehicle for $1,800 privately to another individual. The title has been signed by both parties and photocopied and the new owner has taken possession of the vehicle.
Today he is claiming that it will cost too much to repair and is demanding at least $600 back today or he will take me to small claims court.
My question is, can he do that? I signed and dated the Assignment of certificate of title.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

My question is, can he do that?

.

Absolutely not. Unless you gave him a written warranty on the vehicle, he bought it "as is" and it would have been up to him to check to see what it would cost to fix before he bought it. After is too late and he is simply stuck with the vehicle and any problems..

.

So he can file suit, but he will lose.

.

.

thanks