Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have had to take my mother who is 85 due to severe neglect

Customer Question

Good morning: I have had to take my mother who is 85 due to severe neglect from her home. I have been able to place her in a very nice facility. She lives in Texas and I live here in Tennessee. It is very difficult the process of handling my mom's affairs without a POA. My sister who took care of her died September 17, 2016 so my mother was left alone. Another sister of mine took her to her home but it was a nightmare finding her a upscale facility to take my mom asap. I am not in the process of obtaining a guardianship with an attorney I have for our legal needs such a guardianship. Can I obtain a POA that I can use until the guardianship paperwork is prepared? Charlotte
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Has your mother been deemed legally incapacitated?