Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Second opinion] - i fell off ladder and have ligament

Customer Question

Second opinion] - i fell off ladder and have ligament damage,i also broke part of my bone by my back right ankle.i fell off 6ft ladder in nyc working on a construction project.when i fell the ladder kicked back and i landed on my feet the wrong way with swelling and in alot of pain,what are your thoughts and how could i regain lost wages,i am currently receiving workmens compensation,can i sue the employer or the general contractor
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: nyc
JA: Has anything been filed? If so, what?
Customer: no,not yet.my lawyer just as know wanted to get doctors names.i originally had my first surgeon request physical therapy,because he said it could heal on its own,i told him my ankle still feel discomfort.my physical therapy doctor which monitors my progreess recommended a 2nd opinion,which i was happy about.when i went to see the ankle specialist,they said according to my mri report i have damage in 3 locations on my right footi found this interesting in due respect to what i told the first doctor.it seemed like either he felt confident it would heal on its own and now 9 months later i still uncomfortable.the 2nd opinion doctor pinpointed the problems ans explained it to me,he recommended laser surgury to help correct my problems.i am happy and releaved by his diagnosis.what are your thoughts and advise to my situation,it would be appreciated
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just advise or helpful imformation would be grateful to me,thank you for listening.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am sorry, but what is your specific question for us about your situation?
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.