RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

How after your mother or father dies...does or is the will

Customer Question

How long after your mother or father dies...does or is the will read?
JA: I'm trying to find the right Lawyer for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: My father passed away on 7-13-2016 how long before the will is read or has it been read.
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Maryland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: don't kniow
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just want to know how long I have to wait to hear the reading of the will my daddy left.
JA: Our average wait time is under 20 minutes. Sometimes it takes just a minute. More complicated questions that need more research might take an hour or two. I'd be happy to chat with you while you wait. The stories I've heard working here...
Customer: Well...My stepmother is trying to sell stuff and stuffs...and hasn't said anything to me about the will...Noone has mentioned daddys will. The mortiioner asked if there was a will and my stepsister and mother faced each other and told him it was private.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Thank you for your patience. My condolences, first of all, on your loss.

Despite popular misconception, there rarely, if ever is a "Will reading" held. Instead, what needs to happen is that the Will needs to be filed with the court. If a probate of the estate is required, a petition for administration of the estate must be filed, and once the executor is appointed, they will notify each beneficiary/heir named in the Will by providing them a copy of the Will itself.

If you need clarification about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating. Thank you!

Was there anything I could clarify for you or additional information you needed? If so, kindly REPLY and I'm happy to help further! If not, please kindly remember to leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars at the top of the page. Attorneys on Just Answer are not employees of this site, and are not paid until you leave a positive rating for our time and assistance. Thank you.