Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
66887675

My Mother just died and she was two payments behind on

Customer Question

My Mother just died and she was two payments behind on mortgage, and just found out her insurance was cancelled. can not afford those two payments but want to save house, they said will start foreclosure process nov. 1st. what do i do
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately, if you are unable to make the payments on the mortgage, the mortgage company has the right to start the foreclosure process. There are two approaches you can take. The first is to try to speak with the mortgage company and get them to delay foreclosure while letting them know that you are going to be making payments on the house. They might be willing to work with you to avoid the foreclosure process. The second is to refinance the mortgage to close out the first mortgage, get the mortgage in your name, and then begin making payments again on the new mortgage.