Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I am in a pickle in New YOrk State from a divorce rendered

Customer Question

I am in a pickle in New YOrk State from a divorce rendered in November 2011 in New York City, pertaining to a Quit Claim misfiled and still an open case for resolution in Ulster County, New York. I have few resources to retain counsel and am trying to file this document myself with NYS forms # RP-5217-PDF Real Property Transfer Report and NYS Form TP-584 ready to process. This decree was documented in late 2011 and since then MY mortgage lender, Wells Fargo has tried to schedule hearings in late 2014 and early 2015 when I was unable to attend die to OPEN HEART SURGERY on December 18, 2014. I was immobile until March , 2015 and have only started to work again since January 1, 2016. So I am trying to move forward on legal matters I cannot maneuver myslef. but I can barely pay my bills considering the lack of regular income over the last 5 years. Can you help me? And at what cost or consequence. Thank you.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in? You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: New York. I think I need an attorney that I can ill afford.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am fundamentally broke. What are my options or realities moving forward?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

Usually when a customer tells us they broke they let us work on their question and request a refund. Hopefully that will not be the case.

There are Pro Bono and legal aid services throughout the State. I would be happy to provide links for these resources. Is this anything that you already tried?