Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a question about the new labor law that will go into

Customer Question

Hi! I have a question about the new labor law that will go into effect Dec. 2016.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Colorado
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: My boss is going to change the way I will be paid because of the new law going into effect. Nothing filed or reported
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes! I work at a small business, make about 38,000/year. I have always been able to take compensation time off when I have had to work extra, will that option disappear for me because of the new law?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question. Can you clarify for me what your boss says he is changing your pay to? Are you trying to say he will now be paying you as a non-exempt hourly worker because he is not willing to raise your salary to $47,476?

I see where you have read my request for more information, but not where you have replied. If you did try to respond, it did not come through. Once I receive that clarification from you, I can answer your question as soon as I am available. If you no longer need assistance, you can contact the Site customer service for a refund of any deposit you might have left with them.