Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I was extremely mistreated by Jet Blue flight attendants

Customer Question

I was extremely mistreated by Jet Blue flight attendants regarding my POC or portable oxygen concentrator. I need oxygen at higher altitudes but not 24-7. Once I started using it, flight attendant confronted me so rudely & basically accused me of concealing POC. When she asked for the POC I was frightened that it wouldn't be returned. It was but the harassment & mistreatment continued as it was a 5 hour flight. I was distraught & humiliated. What area of law would this be handled by?
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Legally, they cannot prohibit a patient with a medical disability from having their oxygen. It would be deemed disability discrimination under the Americans with Disabilities Act. So if you were deprived of oxygen necessary for your disability you can sue the airline for violation of the ADA and you should do so.