Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I have several general questions, Basically I am wondering

Customer Question

Good morning
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: I have several general questions
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Basically I am wondering what to do. My daughter, 42 and granddaughter, 23 and me 65 live together in Wayland, MI
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: My daughter got drunk here at home and my granddaughter called the allegan county police. She claims my daughter got drunk and tried to choke her to death. However, she has asphbergers disease and exaggerates. There were no marks of any kind on her neck afterwards, but they took my daughter to jail
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes,
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am sorry to hear this happened. If there was no evidence of any type of violence, then your daughter needs you to get her a local attorney and they will be able to bring in the medical reports to court to show how no injuries have been found and seek to get the DA to dismiss the charges. If the DA will not dismiss based on lack of physical evidence, then your daughter should not take a deal, but will need your granddaughter's doctor to testify as to the truthfulness issue she has to show her claims are not credible combined with the lack of evidence.