Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

Web designer took 250 dollars from me 4 weeks ago, I asked

Customer Question

Web designer took 250 dollars from me 4 weeks ago, I asked him since he did no work I asked him to refund the money, he said he was going to bring it monday,no call no show.
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Did you both agree to a certain job that he would perform and he failed to do anything at all?

.

Are you asking how to go about getting your money back from him?

.

Do you have a physical address for him?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
we agreed to having a simple web site, and when I called him, he done nothing, he went on about me getting the domain, something he was supposed to do. I do have the cancel check and his email address.

Ok, but do you have his physical address...as in where he lives.. I am asking because your recourse here to get your money back is to sue him in small claims court under a breach of contract action. But you have to have his address so you can have him served by the sheriff with the summons and complaint to force him to come to court.

.

You don't need an attorney, and the clerks have the summons and complaint forms you need to file the case. But you do need to have the sheriff serve him with the summons.

.

Once you win, the judge will award you your damages as well as your court costs and filing fees..

.

.

thanks