LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

If an attorney took a bribe, and manipulated me into signing

Customer Question

if an attorney took a bribe, and manipulated me into signing away my rights, can I go after him for my losses?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Ca
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Reported to the State Bar. They have moved it to enforcement
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is a long story, but it comes out of Work Comp. I was told to attend a hearing that I thought was for a 132a matter. Months later I found out that my matter was never on calandar, and that my attorney and the defense attorney had made a separate agreement to manipulate me into signing off my claims and my job
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Yes, you can. In a situation like this, the Bar can take action and step in and go after the attorneys license and suspend it or revoke it. In addition, you can have a legal basis to file a civil cause of action against the attorney, for the damages and harm suffered, as a result. There could be a basis to sue for malpractice and other causes of action, that would allow you to recover for what they did and their misconduct which caused you harm.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What other causes of action? Where do I find a lawyer to talk to? Does this site allow for referrals, or separate contact?

You can request a phone call and an expert can speak with you over the phone. However, the site does not provide legal representation.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have to run to my daughter's school. Can you call me at 6pm, when my wife gets home so I can have the freedom to talk?

Yes, you can request a phone call at that time and someone can call you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do I make the request at 6pm? Or schedule with you now?

At 6pm or whenever you are free to talk. You can come back and request it. There should be a button to click to request it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok... that is what I will do

Not a problem.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!