DrakeLAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC

I leave in Connecticut and would like to appeal a decision

Customer Question

I leave in Connecticut and would like to appeal a decision from the bankruptcy court to the district court. I have 14 days to file a notice of appeal. Question 1. Do I have to file any other docs with the notice of appeal? 2. if not, how many day do I have to file my brief. And can you give me a outline of the procedures.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 10 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 10 days ago.

I have attached the official form for you and you simply need to check the box in Part 4.

You will of course have to edit the caption to fit your situation. Let me know if you don't understand that.

If you require transcripts, you need to call the bankruptcy clerk and arrange to have the transcripts filed. The bankruptcy clerk will ultimately transmit the bankruptcy court record and transcripts to the District Court and you will be advised by the District Court of any fees and deadline for filing the brief.

Does that answer your question?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I cant open the attachment can you please resent it. Thank you.
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 9 days ago.

Sorry about that, try this link and then click "Download the Form"