Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I was working as a licensed contractor for a large

Customer Question

I was working as a licensed contractor for a large remodeling contractors running administrative getting permits help in sales estimates etc The agreement I made with him was very one sided but instead of paying me for bonuses due WHEN JOBS ARE COMPLETE HE has become incommunicado in an attempt to claim I am not working there so I forfeit approx 5000 This is in the state of Virginia Question because I am a contractor with a 1099 agreement who performed various services Can I PLACE MECHANICS LIONS ON THOSE PROPERTIES I SERVICED?
Submitted: 3 days ago.
Expert:  Ely replied 3 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. If you were working as a sub-contractor, then yes - someone in your situation can place a mechanic lien on the property until payment by contractor is made. See HERE.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.