KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
92128996

My question is that, NVC ask me to send them my 2015 tax,

Hi, my question is that, NVC ask me to send them my 2015 tax, but I didn't file taxe because my income was to low, but I have my w2. Also I have a joint sponsor. I know I have to write them a letter to explain them why I didn't file taxes. However My bigger concern is I don't want them to reject my case because I don't file taxes for the past three years.why you think.

IS this about the National Visa Center? Just need some clarification.

Was the I-864 filed with a cosponser?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it is the national visa center.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't file 2015 taxes because my income was low.i want to bring my spouse. What I have to put in my I-864 form? I'm the petitionner

if you don't file it is no problem., but you will need to include a statement should be signed and dated, and a paragraph or two should explain why you were not required to file income tax returns (if low income). But you will need a co-sponsor. If your income is low, and you didn't file, then you still have to put the amount on the I-864, and include the letter of explanation.

Your co-sponsor needs to have enough income to meet the poverty guidelines for your wife’s adjustment of status application, and the fact that you don't have income should not be an issue with the co-sponsor. The co-sponsors who live outside the household will need to earn enough to cover the entire Poverty Guidelines minimum requirement for their own household, and for your household.

It was a pleasure assisting you today, and I would appreciate if you would rate my service, so I will receive credit and payment for my work. After you rate the question you can ask follow up questions, and you will not be charged any additional money for the follow-up questions.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are you still there?

yes

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have a co sponsor.Do you know what national visa center can ask me after when they see I don't file tax because I was not required to file a federal income tax return as my income was below the IRS level?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can I send my w2 to show I did make a small money for the year that's why I did not file the taxes?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Do you know what National Visa center will ask me,after they see I didn't file taxes in 2015 because my income was low? But I have the W2

All you have to explain is that your income was at the level below the filing requirement and you just need to attach a letter explaining that. The co-signor will fulfill the income requirement. Just put down the mount form the W-2 on the I-864. You will have no problems.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi, I just want to know if they gonna ask me to fill the 2016 tax?

No, they cannot because the law does not require that you file, so they only want the letter from you. They cannot make you file.

I would appreciate if you would rate my service, so I will receive credit and payment for my work. After you rate the question you can ask follow up questions, and you will not be charged any additional money for the follow-up questions

If you have any additional questions, just ask.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Everybody says I have to fill my w2 even my income was low, if not National Visa Center gonna give me problem for that.what should I do?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't have no house no saving account bank

Under the law, you don't have to file. If they specifically requested that you file, you can send them the letter I discussed explaining why under the IRS la you are not required to file.