Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I have step adult kids over 18 that are on my insurance. I

Customer Question

I have step adult kids over 18 that are on my insurance. I have been receiving medical bills from providers that they went to addressed to them but with my address because that is the address on my insurance. So my question is if the adult over 18 kids do not pay them can the provider come after me?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: ok so how do i make a deposit and will i incur additional costs?
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: ok you only answered one of my questions
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: its in Az
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no they first bill came in the mail yesterday
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that i can think of, its pretty cut and dry
Submitted: 3 days ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Legally if the insurance does not pay the patient is the one liable for the bill. If they are all adults, they are liable for the bills they create and even if the doctor mails you the bill, that does not make you liable. You need to notify the medical providers though that they are sending the bills to the wrong address, which is perhaps why the actual patients are not responding and provide them with the proper address.
The only way you are liable for their medical bills is if you signed saying you would be liable if they did not pay.