TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

My 6 months old golden dog has died at a surgery of her leg,

Customer Question

My 6 months old golden dog has died at a surgery of her leg, her leg were injured after she fail off the stairs. Before the surgery, they had a test of anesthetic and it shows the anesthetic would make her heart beat goes up. But the vet were insist to do the surgery. During the surgery, they said my dog have stop the heart beat once and they used the CPR to brought her back once. But after one hour. the hospital called me and said they are sorry for my loss. I am questing about under this condition, doe the hospital has the full responsibility of the death of my dog?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Yes, there is a large wound on her back right feet
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about me?
Customer: I am sorry, what do you mean?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

The hospital would be liable for your dog's death if it did something negligent. In order to prove negligence, you would need to prove that the hospital did not provide the standard level of care that it should have provided in that circumstance. The easiest way to prove that is to have an expert witness testify as to the standard level of care that should have been provided, and the standard level of care that actually was provided.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do I need to take my dog to the autopsy?
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to have the autopsy as evidence. You would need to link your dog's death to the hospital's conduct, so an autopsy may be very helpful (or even necessary depending on your other evidence).

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.