Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I'm on probation for an OVI. I have an interlock in my car.

Customer Question

I'm on probation for an OVI. I have an interlock in my car. My first year of licence suspension is over at the end of November. I want to ask the judge to allow me to get my licence back after the year is up. (3 years suspension sentence)The interlock keeps hitting failed rolling retests. It times out or malfunctions a couple of times a week. It either does not signal for a test and just logs a failure or it asks for a test and literally a second or two later fails. So I'm wondering if I can ask to get the interlock company reports. I do pay for it after all, but I know they are working for the court.Please tell me the best way to get these reports. I may need to contest the failed rolling retests.
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
However I have not been asked about it yet.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Also is there a website for information that is not biased to the interlock companies?
Expert:  Eric replied 5 days ago.

Ok, there are several different companies that make these devices, so I would need to know the company that made yours. Look on it to see if you can see a brand or model number and post it here for me

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you for your reply. I'm at work and my car is some distance away. I will send a picture of the back of the device and the requested information in about 4 hours.
Expert:  Eric replied 5 days ago.

Ok, sounds good and will be here.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
This is an ADS determination. Website
Expert:  Eric replied 4 days ago.

I will have to opt out has I cannot find anything on their policies regarding your request. If another expert can help, they will post here

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thanks, Eric. Can someone tell me if I can just ask for the copies monthly reports or would I have to subpoena the interlock agency to provide copies. What concerns me is if they call me in to a hearing, I won't know what I'm being called in for if I can't see the reports. I was hoping to ask for my licence back in November. If there is something negative on the interlock report, I'd like to be able to view the reports before hand. The judge has a reputation for being very difficult.