LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

My grandfather had an wreck in my car and it was totaled out

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: My grandfather had an wreck in my car and it was totaled out and I still have to pay on the car can I take him to court for this
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: ga
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes claims and police report
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes he said he wants to take me to court for some money he let me borrow on his credit card can he sue me for this
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good evening. Yes, you can. If he was driving your car and was negligent and as a result got into a wreck and totaled the car, he can be liable. You do have a legal right to sue him for the damages suffered and to be made whole. The issue with the credit card and money which he claims to owe you is a separate issue, unrelated to this. He can sue you and you can defend it but it is out of a different set of facts, so there likely would not be a basis for a counter claim in this lawsuit.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.