Experience:  14 years experience in representing clients, current member of legalshield, legal club of america, NYSUT and UFT attorney

I was fired from BOSCOVS in New Hartford,NY........because

Customer Question

I was fired from BOSCOVS in New Hartford,NY........because they smelled alcohol on my
breath, I wasn't drinking, ,and I had not drank, yet they accused me of drinking. Note : no one complained about my job performance,in fact my supervisor "bill" complimented me for qoute"stepping up to the plate". this firing was without fact, it was pruely judgemental wtih no evidence. IT cost me a fair income and my reputation. It was totally uncalled for and off the cuff to speak. I was doing an admiral job for them...even volunteering for extra work. Bot***** *****ne is I didn't drink---yes I was on medication and i can substantiate that. This cost me income and reputation.....yea i'm a tad bitter, it's just not right.......please advise
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Expert:  WALLSTREETFIGHTER replied 7 days ago.

This is an unfortunate situation, unless you are part of a Union, legal action will be difficult against the employer, even though they are completely wrong, the law allows an employer to fire any employee for any reason.

If you feel you were discriminated against by the employer due to a disability which requires medication, or your age, gender, or race, you can file a civil rights complaint against the employer and litigate the matter at that point.

Good luck, and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

If the employer tries to deny you unemployment benefits, you would fight them in an unemployment case, and if they defame you, than you could sue them for defamation.