Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I'm a solo attorney dealing with a SNAP violation case. Does

Customer Question

Hi, I'm a solo attorney dealing with a SNAP violation case. Does FNS have regulations posted anywhere? Do you know what the appeals process is once the violation has been assessed? My client missed the deadline to respond and now her name comes up under SAM and she can't get a mortgage loan.
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Here are the rules regarding EBT and SNAP which is managed by the USDA:
Once USDA finds a violation, the defendant is entitled to appeal of that violation finding to the US District Court to seek to vacate the USDA determination. FNS has to refuse to remove the violation report, because they have sustained the allegation. You have to appeal their determination to the federal court if you want to seek to overturn the determination and get it removed.