Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
16823287

I had my house roofed in Feb. 2016. It was a four layer

Customer Question

I had my house roofed in Feb. 2016. It was a four layer tearoff. It leaked until July 5. At this time they did something very unconventional to stop the leak. I had 2 roofers look at the roof. They said that I did not get what I paid for. They cut the valley short, and they cemented around the chimney instead of flashing, as the contract had said. I called them after I had the roofers look at it, and they made me out to be crazy and said they wanted nothing more to do with me. I called a lawyer who told me what to do. That is to get a roofing contractor or inspector to write it up and send it to the original company. No one will do this for me because they don't want to get legally involved.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

What you may want to try is a roofer from out of town or use this link and you and your lawyer should contact a "roofing expert witness". Your lawyer will need one of these to come testify at trial anyways. Such an expert will be needed to prepare a expert witness report which may help expedite resolution of this case via settlement.

Please Note:

(1) The information I provide is general in nature and for educational purposes only. For example, it may help you identify the scope of receiving unbundled legal services from a local lawyer. It should not be construed as “legal advice” or as the rendition of “legal services” on any subject matter. I am not a specialist in any field. This information may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction and is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. No attorney-client relationship is established without a signed written agreement and our communications are not confidential. Please do not act or fail to act based on this information alone. If you need legal advice or services regarding a specific matter, you should consult in-person with a local lawyer who can guide you after reviewing all the pertinent details of your situation. This disclaimer also applies to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.

(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating.