Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

Corporate law question. I have a CT S Corp, and I am

Customer Question

Corporate law question. I have a CT S Corp, and I am registering it in AZ, as I will have new employees there. My name is ***** ***** use in Arizona, so I need to file a for a fictitious name. How do I choose a name ? I asked AZ corp commission and they will not assist, except pointing me to a link that seems to say I have to have the INC. designation in the name. So, if my corp name is Wagner & Associates, Inc. in Connecticut, can I do:
Wagner & Associates Arizona, Inc. ? Is it correct that I keep the Inc. designation in a fictitious name, that's not my real corp ?? The person on the phone said the INC. has to be at the end when used. I was going to do: Wagner & Associates, Inc Arizona, but they seemed to think it would get rejected if the word Arizona was after the Inc.
Expert:  Ray replied 3 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 3 months ago.

Here are the forms to register it as a foreign corporation, look to 3.3 to use the fictitious name..Wagner & Associates Arizona, Inc would be perfectly fine way to do so.

http://www.azcc.gov/Divisions/Corporations/forms/starpas/formsSTPS/C018-Application-for-Authority.pdf?d=973

Expert:  Ray replied 3 months ago.