How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25952
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question about what is required for credentials to

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: Yes,
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I have a question about what is required for credentials to advise inmates in their preparation of parole packages in the state of New York. My partner has a law degree and can work as a paralegal, but does not have the Bar License to practice. Can he do this
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am back can you talk?
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 7 months ago.


I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 7 months ago.

No he cannot do this in New York State unless he does so under the direct supervision of a lawyer. You can see what the state allows its paralegals to do here.