LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.

My question is about Wage Garnishment and about how can l

Customer Question

My question is about Wage Garnishment and about how can l respond or l need an attorney to file a written motion asserting defense of objection
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 days ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

While you can certainly retain an attorney to assist you if you want to object to the garnishment writ, you don't have to have an attorney. You may have received a form that you may use to file your objections to the garnishment when you were served with the garnishment. In the event that you were not provided with a form to use in response and objection to the writ, you will have to draft your own motion. You can get a template for your Motion from the local county law library.

Ask the law librarian to show you where the books on Pleading and Practice are located. Generally, there are many volumes of Pleading and Practice books from which you can pick the proper one for your situation. While the librarian is typically not a lawyer, and cannot practice law, most are quite willing to assist you in locating the chapter in the Pleading and Practice book which you will need.

Once you have found the appropriate pleading, you will note that in addition to the sample pleading which contains all of the necessary structure for your Pleading, there may also be suggestions to make your pleading more persuasive. Prepare your pleading in accordance with the suggested format in the book, inserting the facts of your case as you know them to be. Then all you will need to do is to draft the pleading on your computer, print it out and file the original with the court while serving the other party, or their attorney who file for the garnishment, with a copy.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 days ago.

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service, It is greatly appreciated,