Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I recently received a letter from my son's school that

Customer Question

I recently received a letter from my son's school that stated that he "qualified" for "math intervention services". He's a 4th grader. His teacher never mentioned that he had a problem in math. At the meeting I requested, the Principal nor the teacher could provide me with any concrete evidence that my son requires remedial help. The teacher is gay. I would like an investigation to be performed to find out how many other students "qualified" for this intervention who really don't qualify or was my son the only one.
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: PA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Who can I report this to?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your question for us regarding this issue? What does the teacher being gay or not being gay have to do with the teacher being qualified to teach or making a qualified decision?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Keep my $5 and don't charge me anything further. You're a waste of my time.
I asked you for information, which I guess you do not wish to provide, but I do see what your issue is. I wish you the best.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I wanted to know what my recourse was, but you want to qualify this situation. It is exactly as described. Don't contact me again.