Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I was in bar fight and left, two days later the police came

hi i was in bar fight and left , two days later the police came to my house to ask for a statement and i did not provide on they let me go back home ....what is next?

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Depending on the facts and evidence that is gathered by the investigation, the next step would either be (1) to charge you with assault/battery (fighting) or (2) no charge you (if there's not enough evidence). Which occurs depends on what the facts show. Thus, it is likely a good thing that you didn't give a statement as you don't want to incriminate yourself.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
how long is it going to take for them to charge me and arrest me if they decide there is sufficient evidence?

It doesn't have to be could be a year or longer before you are charged/arrested, etc. But, if something is going to come of this, it would usually happen pretty quickly -- within a few weeks.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
is a statement form the people involved sufficient evidence for me to be charged? they hit me first , its just that i was the better fighter and they did end up a little bit up.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
beat up*

Yes, that can be enough....if a witness claims that you started it or that you struck someone, that can be enough to charge you. That said, you can certainly defend yourself and explain that the accuser is not telling the whole story, that you were attacked and you just defended yourself, etc.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
should i call the detective back to claim my statement or what should i do?

If you were just defending yourself, it certainly may be beneficial to you to tell the investigator that as it could prevent you from being charged and arrested.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
can i get arrested for addmiting to hiting them by defending myself?

Yes, you can be charged if you admit to striking someone......but if you can explain that you were defending yourself and that the other person was the aggressor, then you could possibly avoid being charged.

Also, you could file charges against the person who struck you in order to help support your claims.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
why dint they arrest me tonight when taking me in for a statement if they have a statement from the other individuals

I can't say for sure......but it is likely that they don't want to arrest anyone until they have all of the facts available/possible.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
can they come to a conclusion as fast as a week or two?

But, if you can justify your actions, it is likely to inform the investigator of that information so it can be considered when completing his investigation......yes, these type cases can usually be investigated thoroughly within a few days to a week.

The alternative is to do nothing and see what can always give your side of the story to the judge if / when you are arrested. But, that's a decision you'll have to make.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you sir,.

No problem and good luck with this. If you were reacting and defending yourself, you should have a legitimate defense, which should allow you to minimize your exposure in all of this.

Thanks for your question and please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!