Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.

My father has a medical diagnosis That states he should not

My father has a medical diagnosis
That states he should not drive. What legal liability does someone have if they enable him to drive?

Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

When you say they "enable" him to drive, what are they specifically doing to enable him to get behind the wheel? Are they giving him their car to use?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
giving him or enabling him to drive a car

Thank you for the additional information.

Yes, there is a civil claim called "negligent entrustment" which could be asserted against someone who provided a car to your father, knowing of the diagnosis that impairs his ability to drive, and result in the person who provided the car being liable for damages to anyone injured by your father's negligent driving.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you

You are very welcome. If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.

Thank you!