Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Tenant/landlord Apartment complex built in 1979. I moved in

Customer Question

tenant/landlord
Apartment complex built in 1979. I moved in May of 2010, in November 2015 I hand wrote a Repair Request (did not have a copy made) to fix 4" crack in floor of bathtub fixture. Apartment Mgr., Mary R. had the apts handyman inspect the crack and they decided to repair the crack with resin. The resin cracked away within a weeks time, I informed Mary and Tim. In the interim, I applied alcohol wipes to dry the area around crack and applied clear duct tape to cover opening. The applied duct tape worked and I informed Mary of it's success. Months later during an inspection tour, I reminded Mary about the crack in the tub, she had forgotten about it. I continued with the alcohol and duct tape till I left September 30, 2016, almost a year later from the original repair request.
I have now received a repair bill in the amount of $1,460 from the apartment management, of that, $888.00 is to 'replace bath tub-broken'.
A bath tub that is 37 years old and it cracks when I rented the apartment and they want me to pay for a new one??? Isn't this under their 'normal wear and tear' clause?
Where do I stand on this issue????
Barbara McGee***@******.***
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licnesed attorney for over 30 yrs, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

Are you moving out?

Has the management indicated why you would be responsible?

Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

Are you online with me?