P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience

My town has a football field behind my house that violates

Customer Question

My town has a football field behind my house that violates the noise ordain
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NJ
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have went to town council and the mayor. I requested a noise ordinance control officer to investigate but nothing has been done. The mayor stopped at my house to hear the complaints but the speakers just went up after he left.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This field is green acres protected and everything they said about building this field never came true.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 11 days ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
How do I file a noise ordinance complaint legally?

It sounds like you have...did you report this to local police (since they are the ones to investigate criminal complaints)?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have complained to the Mayor and tow committee in writing and ask for a noise control officer which is required according to the code.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Chapter 288

The police have the ability to field complaints of municipal code violations. I would file this with the police department.

However, Law enforcement has discretion. That means that they are not required to investigate or prosecute any particular complaint of misconduct. So you can report this to law enforcement…but if they refuse to investigate/prosecute? There is no way to force them to do so.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Do you have more questions regarding this?

Thanks for your understanding