Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

How can I stop someone from post pictures of me on facebook?

How can I stop someone from post pictures of me on facebook? Also how can I stop them from blackmailing me?

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney and former prosecutor, and I look forward to assisting you.

What are they demanding from you? Are they in this country?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
They are demanding money for assurance that they won't post nude graphic photos. There was already an exchange of money prior to further demands.

Thank you for the additional information. I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get.

Unfortunately, if you pay them then it will never end. They will just keep demanding payment until you run out of money. You can complain to Facebook and FB will likely close out the account, but they will just open another.

The fact of the matter is that you will just need to report them to the police and hope they are somewhere the police can reach them.

You can also file suit against them for money damages and injunctive relief if they are in the US.

I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. Also, please remember that this is not a moral judgement on my part. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That is the answer that we expected and I thank you for your help.

Thank you for understanding.

You are very welcome. If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.

Thank you!