Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I got a letter in the mail yesterday and I am looking at 180

Customer Question

I got a letter in the mail yesterday and I am looking at 180 days of a suspended license starting on October 26th, for too many tickets and driving with a withdrawn/suspended license. I got a speeding ticket paired with driving with a withdrawn license in April. A Tabs ticket also paired with driving with a withdrawn license. From those a got a 90 suspension notice. During those 90 days I was pulled over when they ran my plates and got a driving while suspended. The first withdrawal back in April and was a mistake. All the other tickets are valid. I am wondering if something can be done, or if it is too late to look into other options.
Thank you,
Kimberly M. Johnson
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 5 days ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Ms. Johnson, good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Based upon what you shared above, you would have to go back and try and vacate some of the judgments which have been entered against you, if you want to try and avoid the suspension. I say this because you need to first try and remove the points but need a valid reason to reopen those cases, whereby points were imposed. Moreover, if there was an error with your license being suspended and it was in error and a mistake, it can be withdrawn, not counting against you, which appears to be the case here. The process is not easy and if you are going to try and do it, need to 1) retain counsel first and 2) have them review your record and see if they can vacate something and if they do, reverse the suspension.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
What kind of lawyer do I need? And I have 10 days until the suspension, can something be done before then? Or can I still submit information during the suspension to have it reversed?

You can contact the Department of Motor Vehicles and see about filing an appeal. You would want a criminal defense attorney to represent you, who handles traffic criminal cases.