Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Back in the 1990's i was involved with some one and he

Customer Question

back in the 1990's i was involved with some one and he cohersed me into taking semi nude and nude photo's i never gave him my consent so what else can I do
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: kansas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i blocked his phone number from my phone in april and i got three phone calls from him i bougt a data transfer cord and tranfered the voicce mails to my vouce recorder on my computer ready to down load on cde
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 month ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please tell me what he is doing or has done with these photos and when. How old were you when he forced you to pose for these photos? How old was he? That is, were you at least 18?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was over 18 at the time can a gag order be filled
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 month ago.

I need you to answer all of the questions I asked, because if nothing has happened since the 1990's you're way outside of the statute of limitations to have any remedy in civil or criminal court.

So why the sudden concern in these now when you have had more than 20 years to have taken action?

If he is now threatening you with these photos or blackmailing you or has suddenly posted them on line, this would be an offense for which he can be prosecuted and/or restrained. But otherwise, it's too late to do anything now.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Because he's threat to put them in a gallery and I don't want them out
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 month ago.

Is he asking for you to do anything, such as pay him money or have sex with him, in order to keep him from publishing the photos? Do you have copies of that correspondence or recordings on your answering machine?

You can go to the police and report this as a crime. Tell them you want him prosecuted and you want a criminal restraining order so that he cannot harm you. Alternatively, you could file for a protective order in civil court based on his course of harassment.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No he's not done anything with those photos but he did try and force me into sex with him. I blocked his phone number and in April he called me three times from an unknown number after I blocked him. I bought a data transfer cord and transfer the calls to voice recorder on my computer to download onto cd it sounds like my non consent is my safest bet
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 month ago.

If he's harassing you/stalking you and making you concerned for your own safety, you can get a civil or a criminal restraining order.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 month ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.