Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I didn't have a question. Thanks. Nevada, No, No

Hi I didn't have a question. Thanks.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Nevada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

I am not quite sure what your post is about, but if you had a particular question you need help with, I am happy to try and assist...

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi I had a question about the circumstances involving a junior high student, Trevor, residing in NV. Got suspended for unexcused absences. School procedures are that they have to give the parents a telephone call and a prompt written notice, but only give a written notice to the student saying he will be suspended. The dean gives him a note saying he will besuspended, but throws it away. His parents are unaware of the suspension, and while he is suspended gets shot the next day. Who is at fault? Do parents have a defense for liability charges.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The parents are liable to ensure the student goes to school. However, if the parent makes reasonable efforts for the child to get to school and the child hides the fact they are not attending from the parents, the school is liable for following policy and notifying the parents DIRECTLY and not through the student. If the school did not follow its own policy, absent proof that the parents did not make reasonable effort for their child to attend school and knew or should have known they were not attending based on those facts, then this is grounds to argue the parent should not be liable for what they had no notice or knowledge of.
This is something the parents need to appeal to the local school board to present the information and argue that had the school followed its own policy the matter would have been corrected before it got to the point of suspension.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law