How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31500
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Briefly, my brother came to hospital-no Living Will or DPOA-

Customer Question

Good morning,
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: Briefly, my brother came to hospital-no Living Will or DPOA- for simple procedure. Name his girlfriend as person in case of emergency. He went into coma and has not come out.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: how can immediate family get zpOA?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That I am also a lawyer
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to answering your question.

If your brother is in a coma then he can not execute a POA to legally appoint an attorney in fact.

You would need to file a petition in the probate court for an order to be appointed guardian. This can be done on an emergency basis.

Related Legal Questions