Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
94475420

My daughter has accused my husband, her stepfather, of

Customer Question

My daughter has accused my husband, her stepfather, of having hidden camera pictures of herself on his phone. I am her mother. She says she saw them. There is no proof of this and she she is known to lie and manipulate. She has a history of telling stories in the past and hurting people around her with her stories including myself. Knowing this I cannot just take her on her word. As of now I do not believe she's told anyone but me. I need advice on mine and myhusband's behalf. Should we be calling some form of authority before she does or should we wait and see if she does?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Indiana
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not to my knowledge.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there a fee for this
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: Is it the lawyer that decides what the rest of the fee is?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: Yes
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 1 month ago.

This is attorney Bill offering legal information pertaining to your question today.

When there is a possible danger to the child CPS can be contacted to investigate whether there is a risk to the child from the stepfather. It is not for me to assess whether these pictures amount to anything of concern but for police and CPS.

As mother you have responsibility to inform police if there is anything amiss and remove the danger.

Usually the best thing in these circumstances is to report the matter to the police, who can question the stepfather. If the stepfather is completely innocent he will have no problem in voluntarily submitting the phone to the police without need of a warrant.

This is the best information I can provide.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT I COUNT ON POSITIVE RATINGS

GOOD TO GREAT GIVES ME A CREDIT

Attorney Bill

Dear Customer ,

I would like to follow up with you on your legal question. If there is anything else remaining please let me know.

I receive no CREDIT for MY ANSWER until YOU RATE POSITIVELY

Have a nice day

Attorney Bill