Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

How do I fight fraudulent accounting on a defaulted student

How do I fight fraudulent accounting on a defaulted student loan.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
In order to fight them on a fraudulent accounting, the first step is get a copy of the itemized statement. Second, you need to get your own accounting done by an accountant who can testify as an expert. Finally, you need to send your accounting to the loan company and dispute their accounting in writing. If they refuse to correct it, then you have grounds to sue them for breach of contract on the incorrect accounting. If they refuse to turn over the itemized account records, then you would need to go directly to court and sue them for breach of your contract and force them to produce the information for an accounting.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you prepare and file the suit? Is it better to file in California or federal court?
Thank you for your reply.
I am sorry, but state law forbids us from representing anyone from this site and as such we cannot prepare or file anything for any customer on this site. This is explained in site rules.
You would need to file in federal court, since these are federally subsidized loans.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.