Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I have a renter who has refused to sign a lease in two

Customer Question

I have a renter who has refused to sign a lease in two years. How do I remove her.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I thought of sending her certified mail, requesting her to vacate the premises. She is constantly late with the rent, and doesn't have rental insurance. Which was a requirement to the first lease.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

You can evict her here with lease violations letter or just give her 30 day notice as month to month tenant.It may be easier to give her the 30 days hopefully she leaves voluntarily otherwise you file for eviction and serve her.

Sample notice for late rent and other violations.If she is late again you return the rent and terminate with this letter here in Florida.

https://www.ezlandlordforms.com/documents/florida-7-day-notice-to-vacate-4245/