Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

There appears to be an Arizona law that states that money

Customer Question

There appears to be an Arizona law that states that money awarded from an accident/injury lawsuit cannot be disbursed until a pending underinsured motorist claim has been settled If true I need the statute number. X-cuse the spelling, I'm somewhat agitated....Thanx
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you have copies of the medical records?
Customer: Arizona and my "lawyer has all records.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I was awarded $15,000.00 which was all of the money available from her insurance policy.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. My lawyer is somewhat suspect. I found this out after hiring him and he is not very forthcoming with answers to questions, hence my question. I have a resource but she needs the statute number.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon and thanks for using JUST ANSWER. We are constantly being asked to find statutes or cases that someone heard existed. In 90% of those cases no such statute exists, and it's a total waste of time to look for them. I usually tell them to ask the person who told you that to give you the references on where to find it. I suspect that there is no such statute regarding UIM claims having to be settled before primary coverage is paid to the client. You say that you were "awarded" the policy limits of the other driver. Does that mean you went to trial or it was an out-of-court settlement? Loan limits policies are usually paid immediately if the injuries are substantial. You say you have a "resource" but she needs the statute number. I don't know what you mean by that. In summary, I highly doubt that there is any Arizona law that states what you've been told, and I don't want to spend time looking for something that I'm 90% certain isn't there. Does that make sense to you? If so I hope that this gives you a sense of what direction to go in from this point on. I hope you get the matter resolved without having to take any drastic steps.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Hello again. I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.