MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

My mother took out a loan for my sister to get a car. My

Customer Question

My mother took out a loan for my sister to get a car. My sister was to pay the car off. My sister has taken off with the car and not made the payment.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: washington
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no, my mom has demencha, I have POA. I want to recover the car sell it and pay off the loan.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know can I recover the car. Should I make contact with local PD to help in the recovery. Can the car be reported as stolden if my sister won't give the car back and as far as the payments my sister did make, dose my mom have to repay her that money. the car has drop in value and will make enough to pay loan.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Did your mom have dementia at the time she co-signed?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no she did not. She did not cosign on the loan. She took the loan out in her name.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
only the bank and my moms name are on the title

If she took the loan out in her name, then she is solely responsible for paying it.