Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I had lightning hit my house about tree months back, it

Customer Question

I had lightning hit my house about tree months back, it destroyed several items and one being a security system unit belonging to the Monitronics company.I called Monitronics and informed them that the security unit had been destroyed by lightning, they informed me that they were not responsible for lightning and that I would have to pay anyway for the remaining 19 months of the contract or I could sign a new four year contract and they would install a new unit.
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: Is that true? and will I have to pay for the remaining months in the contract?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Yours Trujy: Dan C. Jacobs
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: My phone number is; "***-***-****
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

What does the contract state regarding the destruction of the equipment and the monthly fee obligation?