Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Second opinion] - I just checked my account and I have money

Customer Question

Second opinion] - I just checked my account and I have money missing. When I called the bank they stated that there was some kind of federal or state levy against me.
I know they have the wrong person because I do not owe anyone or have not bought anything in 27 years.
what type of lawyer can I get to help me through this.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

First and foremost, you need to find out exactly what agency put the levy on your account. Then you need to retain an Attorney who handles debt collection defense cases to assist you with the case--speaking with the agency and providing evidence of your identity to show that you are the wrong person, the debt is not yours and thus demanding that the agency release the levy.

You can use the following sites to find local consumer Attorneys who handle debt collection defense cases to assist you with the case:

Consumeradvocates.org

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Goodluck with your case,