MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

Is there a reasonable time that someone should bill you for

Customer Question

is there a reasonable time that someone should bill you for services . It was over a year from services when I was billed from a hospital,I received a bill for 600.00 plus I called and they told me it was a one time a year charge,three ,three and one half weeks later ,I get two bills for roughly 1500.00 1600.00 ,I called them again and they told me me co pay changed,no one told me about the change.If I knew this I would have terminated the monthly procedures at the first bill. So after two months after the third bill,they sent it to collection? Where does one go from here. Joe
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 3 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

At this point, the only thing you can really do is contest the bill with the collections company and try to negotiate the best possible payment for yourself. So, you can start by offering the collections company the original $600 as a one time payment and see if they take it. However, you cannot contest the bill entirely and there is no specific period of time in which they were required to send you the bill.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.