How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MIAMILAW1127 Your Own Question
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 724
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
MIAMILAW1127 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need help....I cannot afford an attorney and I have been

Customer Question

I need help....I cannot afford an attorney and I have been dealing with a crappy ex husband for some time. It has to do with medical expenses and child support that he wont pay and other things..I feel like I am being railroaded by his attorney and don't know what to do
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: I just sent it did you get it
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: north dakota
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: several things
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a motion deadline that needs to be filed in 14 days so I need help
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 12 days ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Can you please tell me what motion deadline you have? Also, could you please clarify your question for me? Thank you!

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
My motion deadline is 14 days from today. My ex husband filed a motion on me and that I pay for his attorney fees I send him a letter to his attorney which he is telling me I cant respond to his attorney an that that I am raising attorneys fees. I told them I would make paymnets to them and neither of them disagreed or agreed. They cashed both my checks that I sent and not this is the first I have heard of it. He then spends money on his attorney to take the child support that he owes me and is always behind on it. I then sent him medical bills and he is refusing to pay for it. The motion is to take the child support that he owes and not pay the medical bills
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I guess what I want to know is in the state of North Dakota do I have to pay the medical bills up front before he has to pay...can I submit bills to him without paying? Is there a law that states that I cant contact his attorney?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
are you there
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 12 days ago.

Yes. Please give me a minute to review.

Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 12 days ago.

Has the divorce been finalized? Do you have a Marriage Settlement Agreement?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The divorce is done and has been done since 2001
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
like a divorce decree
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 12 days ago.

Does it say in the divorce decree/marriage settlement agreement that both parties are to split medical costs 50/50?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
what do they classify as medical bills
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 12 days ago.

Any bill related to medical treatment.

Unfortunately, you may need to pay those bills and then seek reimbursement.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
are chiropractic bills considered medical bills
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 12 days ago.

Yes if the treatment was deemed medically necessary.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
does it have to be okayed by a doctor or can she just go to have an adjustment because she was in extreme pain
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 12 days ago.

It would need to be deemed medically necessary by a doctor.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
is there a law against talking to his lawyer if we have dealt with things in the past
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
what if the decree states medical bills and doesn't she cant go to a chiropractor when it is a covered service unless she spends another medical bill to find out if it is medically necessary
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
are you still with me
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 11 days ago.

Yes I am.

No. Typically, when someone is represented you need to speak only to their attorney.

The chiropractor can be argued to not be medically necessary without being ordered by a doctor.

Related Legal Questions