Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

My daughter is married or was and things are not going too

Customer Question

my daughter is married or was and things are not going too well, but my wife and I are paying a hell of a price for it. 1st they lost their home so we decided to sign for them on a used trailer but in good shape, and the agreement was made that they whould pay us 500 dollars a month note. Well they have payed just two payments on it we we are paying all the rest the trailer cost 38,000 dollars and we are retired since then they have moved out we are keft with a 500 dollar note and they have ragged the trailer so bad we will never get our money back plus it is on a rented lot which they oowe 2800 dollars back rent. We need help and advice on what to do.
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the mobile home?
Customer: Louisiana
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: How to get out of this mess
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 13 days ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

You said that you signed for them on the trailer, but are their names also on it? Did you sign on the agreement for the lot?