How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Atty Your Own Question
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 9259
Experience:  attorney at self
Type Your Legal Question Here...
N Cal Atty is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daugther filed for a restraning order on her ex

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: My daugther filed for a restraning order on her ex boyfriends girl because she was hassing my daughter it hasn't went to court yet . So is there a way she can cancel it. it in Bakersfield,Ca
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: CA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: we went on the 11th to court because they said she filled out the form wrong and thats all they told her
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

She can drop the case using this form, which has to be served and then filed. If she thinks she mightr change her mind again, she can check the box (1a2) that says Without prejudice.

I hope this information is helpful.