N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  since 1983
9653905

Can I sue the federal government if I work there? In May I

Customer Question

Can I sue the federal government if I work there? In May I my home was raided they were looking for a grow operation based on information they received from a state defendant that was being prosecuted for Arson he threw a Molotov cocktail at my daughters apartment after he threatened to kill her, and was caught on video. I don't know what he said to them because they sealed the search warrant and I have not seen the affidavit. They destroyed my home, they took my electronics and returned them unusable, purposefully disabled. I was trying to prevent them from shooting my dog and have two herniated discs and a torn rotator cuff. I have to work everyday under the stress of my bosses knowing that I was raided. They found nothing. They then expanded the search warrant to include obstruction of justice with no clear explanation. I have worked in the legal field for 30 years. I would never disclose information. I don't even tell people where I work. IM not sure what kind of lawyer to discuss this with. I'm not sure if I can sue them because I work there. I surrounded by 100 lawyers and I'm afraid to ask anyone anything for fear they will say something to the US Attorney. I am completely stressed out because they haven't cleared me. They raised my home, my daughters home, my husbands business and the apartments above the business, my neighbors won't even look at me. I am broken. I hurt financially upwards of 10000.00, I am hurt physically and I am hurt emotionally. Can you offer some direction.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

The answer is Yes, you can sue the government even though you work for it.

You can get a free consultation from some of the civi rights attorneys listed by location here. A search warrant does not allow the wanton destruction of property, and it was very poor judgment to believe their informant who was caught on tape trying to commit arson, and they should have known he was lying. Putting your home under surveillance and checking your electric bills would have confirmed that you were not growing marijuana.

You are right not to discuss this with anyone at the office, or anyone other than an attorney.

Please follow up on this with a local attorney.

I hope this information is helpful.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do I have to wait until I am cleared from the OIG to see a lawyer? Or should I seek a lawyer now. I'm afraid of losing my job I'm 54, the only hispanic person in an office of 200.

You should see an attorney now.