Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs

I live in North Carolina and am 22 years old. My boyfriend

Customer Question

I live in North Carolina and am 22 years old. My boyfriend is 16 and was when we began our relationship. Can I get in trouble legally considering he is the age of consent in North Carolina.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Expert:  Barrister replied 14 days ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney whowill try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

No, as long as he was 16 and a day if you engaged in sexual relations, it is entirely legal and you can't get in any type of trouble. You could even date if he was under 16, just not legally engage in sexual relations.

If you feel your original question and any related follow ups have been answered, I would very much appreciate a positive rating on the answer I have provided as that is the only way I receive credit for my work. If you have a new question the JustAnswer folks require that you start a new question page, but you can request me by putting"For Barrister" in the caption and they will get it to me.